Run by: Imams Zahoor, Irfan and Assad & Sister Uzmah.
Saturday/ Sunday: 11.00am –1pm.
Tues, Wed, Thurs: 6.00pm -7pm.
Reading Quran, Tajweed, Performing Salaat, Basic Seerah and Fiqh.
KMWA has been hosting school visits as well as visiting local schools for a number of years
and this year has been no different.
Especially due to the pause after Covid and the Governments program of putting interfaith
in earlier years on the syllabus, more and more schools are contacting KMWA as well as
scouts for their World Religion Badges and general school Education programs.
There are many beautiful pictures and messages posted after the visits (too many to post
here) by the teachers and also beautiful Questions during the visits by the pupils and
It is very encouraging and rewarding to hear and answer these questions; as these kids
will grow up to be pillars of the society and hopefully will have a good impression of Islam
and Muslims and of their first visit to a mosque.
The imams have done a wonderful job of engaging with the kids and also every one who
has supported in any way have finished the day with smiles on their faces and found it
very rewarding, relaxing and full-filling.
May Allah swt reward everyone involved and give us the strength and patience to
continue for many years to come inshalllah.
What KMWA BOT should do:
- Have one central point of contact (Imam sahib) and a second person as two lead
people responsible for all communications with schools and the KMWA Education
Team are needed. This should be clearly visible on KMWA website and an official
letter sent to all schools informing of them of who to contact and how much notice
period is needed for such visits
- Currently a WhatsApp group for the KMWA Education Team has been formed to
help communications and coordinate the visits but it needs a bigger pool of
- We need to collect the names and emails and contact numbers of all the lead
contacts at the schools and the RE teachers and invite them to KMWA functions
and generally stay in touch so they always think first of KMWA
- A dedicated TV screen needs to be setup in the back of the main hall to show
presentations as it’s a burden on br Ahmed Zaki and his children to set that up each
- Refreshments and Snacks are a must for each visit to make a difference and see
- A gift bag of Quranic and Islamic Literature especially for School Visits needed for
both children and staff.
- There should be a dedicated fund and budget to pay for 4 & 5 above and any other
promotional material or School engagements/training for this Education Service