Ramadan Kareem 1442 AH/2021 KMWA (Urgent Appeal for 3rd Floor and Roof of new Masjid)
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wo barakatuhu.
Allhumdulillah, Ramadan is nearly upon us. We are pleased to inform all our Brothers that in shah Allah we will be holding the Taraweh prayer and in shah Allah the whole of the Quran will be recited during the Salaat ul – Taraweh.
The rules are as per our Jummah Salaat:
- First seventy 70 mosalis will be allowed (first come first served).
- Due to our restricted numbers, we cannot accommodate ladies this year. We are very sorry for this.
- Under 14 years old are not allowed, but there is no upper age limit. Having said that, the elderly should exercise caution and anyone over 65 should have received their first vaccination.
- If mosalis need a chair please feel free to bring your own prayer stool. However, you must be able to take your personal belongings with you as there are no storage facilities available.
- Please perform your wudu at home.
- Please bring your own prayer mat and face mask/ ppe whilst attending any Salah.
- Masjid doors will close five minutes before Isha Salah or when mosalis numbers are fulfilled.
At Maghreb Salah we will not be able to provide food and we request that people break their fast before coming to the Masjid. We will not be able to deal with waste or half eaten food, half used drinks bottles and packaging. Please respect this necessity.
We are happy to announce at Jummah we are holding three jamats and the times are:
Mosalis are requested to perform their sunnah and nawafil after Jummah at home as times between salats are tight.
We are trying to provide as full a service as possible under difficult circumstances. Please help us to help you by complying with the rules we have set in place.
For anyone who cannot attend but would like to see or listen to either the Dua before breaking the fast or the Salaat -ul- Taraweh recitation, we will in shah Allah provide a live Zoom broadcast – details of which will follow asap.
In addition we aim to post daily Tafseer in Urdu and English as well as regular short talks and reminders.
We have teamed up this year also with Medway Arabic School to provide a Ramadaan programme aimed at children and their families. Further information will follow in shah Allah.
Please use the opportunity of Ramadaan to donate to the building of the New Masjid as we are committed to completing this as quickly as we can. May Allah subhana wa ta’ala guide us to a successful Ramadaan and accept all of our efforts and reward us.
Insha’Allah the Gillingham Masjid will be having two Jummah salahs every Friday starting from this Friday 26th February 2021. First salah will be at 1.15pm and second salah Insha’Allah will start at 2pm.
The Masjid will be opened for the first salah from 12.50pm. The door will be closed at 1.10pm promptly.
For the second salah the Masjid doors will be opened at 1.45pm and closed at 2pm, however for both salahs the doors will be closed earlier if we have reached the maximum capacity of 65 people.
Attending for Jummah namaz will be on a first come first served basis (bookings not required).
Maximum amount of people allowed per each salah is 65 people (no under 14 year old’s or over 70 year old’s are permitted at the moment, thank you).
Once the door is closed, please do not knock on the door as this will disturb the people inside.
Polite Notice- please bring your own prayer mat, mask and carrier bag for your shoes otherwise admittance may be refused. However the Masjid will be able to supply a disposable prayer mat at the cost of 50p, a mask at the cost of 50p and a carrier bag at the cost of 10p.
We look forward to seeing you on Friday Insha’Allah.
Jazak Allah Khairan
From the KMWA Committee