السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
We are back for our weekly Wednesday Halaqa/ Circle ⭕️
الحمد لله رب العالمين
Time: 10.30 am 11.30am
Location: KMWA Masjid in Gillingham.
Followed by a cup of coffee ☕️/tea & biscuits until 12.30pm.
Look forward to welcoming you back insha Allah. If you’re unable to attend, please share with friends & family!
Alhamdulillah, on Wednesday 4th May 2022, the sisters’ celebrated Eid with a coffee morning at KMWA Gillingham mosque. The turnout was great with some new and other familiar faces enjoying tea/coffee and cakes. The occasion was also a much-needed opportunity to reconnect in person after the COVID pandemic.
We hope to continue to offer this wonderful opportunity on a regular basis for sisters and their children on Wednesdays from 10:30-12:30 at Gillingham mosque (Canterbury Street), InshaAllah.
Ramadan is one of the most significant month in the Islamic calendar (Hijri) and it is obligatory for Muslims to fast in this month. Here is why Ramadan is so special;
- Holy Quran was first revealed in the month of Ramadan.
- Fasting in the month of Ramadan is the fourth Pillar of Islam among the five.
- Fasting helps to attain Taqwa (performing of actions which please Allah and abstaining from those actions that displease Him).
- Ramadan is known to be the month of Quran. It is highly recommended in Ramadan to read and study the Holy Quran and to share with others.
- The Night of Decree or The Night of Power (Laylat al-Qadr) is in this month, which is better than a thousand months.
- In this Holy month, the gates of Paradise are opened, gates of Hell are closed and the devils are chained up.